Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club.

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pioneer DEH-2028ZC pins
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:33 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107 Active
I’m after some help, I’ve searched the forum and internet and can’t find what I’m after.

I’m upgrading the standard head unit for the standard fit pioneer DEH-2028 bluetooth head unit.

I have a quad lock to iso adaptor, USB aux socket and Bluetooth mic and Fakra aerial adaptor.

What I can’t find info on is what pins the DEH-2028 uses for earth, switched live and permanent live.
I’ve found a few pin out diagrams on the internet for Peugeot’s but I can’t find anything specific for the DEH-2028 or 107.

Anyone else done this conversion know what pins to use?

Thanks. Shaun.

Mods:OEM mud flaps Rear parking sensors Retrofit factory DRL’s Retrofit rev counter Dynamic side repeaters Interior light delay Passenger door light switch Retrofit Pioneer DEH-2028zc head unit Dash speaker upgrade Prius variable speed wiper stalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:53 am 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
It should just a a simple case of swapping the bullet connectors on the red and yellow wired

Alfa Romeo 159 Turismo Sport
Renault 5 Auto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 am 

Drives: C1 Vibe 5dr 1.0 2008
Wot wee mac said ;-)

I've got a Pioneer DAB HU and the ISO adapter was spot on with the exception of the perm and switched live feeds being the wrong way around. I'd suggest that you consider upgrading your speakers too - dash speakers very easy to do :-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:47 am 

At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, if your radio works and you can set up preset stations, but the radio forgets them when you switch off, then your perm and switched live feeds are the wrong way around. In that case, just swap the red and yellow wires as wee mac said :-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:34 pm 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
MPJ wrote:
Wot wee mac said ;-)

I've got a Pioneer DAB HU and the ISO adapter was spot on with the exception of the perm and switched live feeds being the wrong way around. I'd suggest that you consider upgrading your speakers too - dash speakers very easy to do :-)

The stock fit speakers are the weakest link in the system, they are terrible and only a couple of watts so a decent head unit will kill them in short order.

This is the club official kit for upgrades and an absolute doddle to fit:

https://citybugstore.co.uk/best-sellers ... grade.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:46 pm 

Thanks for all your speedy replies. Speakers are next on the list.

Mods:OEM mud flaps Rear parking sensors Retrofit factory DRL’s Retrofit rev counter Dynamic side repeaters Interior light delay Passenger door light switch Retrofit Pioneer DEH-2028zc head unit Dash speaker upgrade Prius variable speed wiper stalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:00 am 

I have worked all the connections out. Memory ok, Bluetooth and phone mic work. Only thing that doesn’t work is the backlit buttons. Wiring diagram from Peugeot/Citroen says pin 14 on the quad lock is for illumination. Issue is that pin 14 on the head unit is a blank. So screen illuminates but buttons don’t.

Found this on a Russian forum that says the circuit board has to be ‘hot wired’ for the lights to work!
https://www.drive2.com/b/2458168/

Attachments:
8BE84A3A-C73A-4554-9B06-A2924C976254.jpeg
8BE84A3A-C73A-4554-9B06-A2924C976254.jpeg [ 7.26 KiB | Viewed 14096 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:59 pm 

That's weird, but the fix doesn't look too difficult providing that you have appropriate soldering kit - let us know how you get on. It's a very neat HU - mine's just a bog standard single DIN with an adapter :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:36 pm 

Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
MPJ wrote:
Wot wee mac said ;-)

Yes, i hade just the same issue. Everything worked fine but it forgot everything when car was turned of. Meaning that there is no power to the yellow wire always, so i did a swap and everything works as it should.

Also agree on swapping dash speakers, i choose a set from Alpine and are very pleased. I have also added a subwoofer and now it sounds really good, i'm enjoying my 1.5 hours in the car every day.

Image taken during installation, cables are now secured and tucked away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:55 pm 

Anyone with a Pioneer DEH-2028 mind popping it out and either telling me or posting some pictures of the wiring? Be interested to know how your getting backlit buttons as the main dealer wiring diagrams are not showing any wiring for illumination to the head unit, so I can’t see how this head unit gets illumination from the car lighting.

My set up into the rear of the head unit is
Ground pins 9 & 16
Permanent live pins 15 & 1 (Block B bottom left block)
Switched live pin 12
Bluetooth mic pins 3 & 9 (Block B bottom left block)

Other Peugeot / Citroen wiring pinouts say pin 14 is illumination but this head unit has a blank in the pin 14 position.